Reply To: Daniel Defoe’s A Journal of the Plague Year

Home Forums Grant’s Sections Daniel Defoe’s A Journal of the Plague Year Reply To: Daniel Defoe’s A Journal of the Plague Year

milansak
Participant

Powerful response. I like your perspective and interests on these matters. Especially when you mentioned how history repeats itself. It makes one wonder where did we go wrong yet again? What does this mean and how will we respond this time? I could imagine this being impossible to figure out because there are many things to take into account within our society. Unfortunately, this speaks to how certain things are beyond our control. Either way it still forces us to take reflection. That, to me, seems to be what is most important: getting something out of what you go through. Also, asking yourself whether or not you’re doing something wrong can be a crucial way to figure things out. I feel like, generally speaking, COVID-19 has brought many errors to surface. We’ve got to learn someway or another sadly. It is always good however to look in the mirror and start with yourself. Happy to hear that the pandemic has decreased over in New Zealand.